The Town of Speedway, Indiana is seeking a Water Operator for the Water Treatment Plant.
Performs a variety of skilled, technical, and maintenance work in the operation of Town Water Plants.
Works under the direct supervision of the Water Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
The operator's primary mission is to provide an adequate and safe supply of potable water to the town's customers. The Operator will properly operate a 3 MGD surface water treatment plant (including the intake and pump stations), a 10 MGD groundwater treatment plant, 13 wells , 2 elevated and 1 ground storage tanks, and the sludge basin.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent (preferred some college with math, science, or engineering background)
- Five (5) years experience relating to: water treatment, laboratory testing, pumping operations, chemical feed systems , SCADA operations, on-line instrumentation, basic maintenance.
- Any equivalent combination or education and experience
- Possess, or have the ability to possess within a WT-5 . WT-3 , DS-L and A SO operator's licenses, issued by the State of Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to read and understand equipment operation and maintenance manuals, test methods, sampling instructions , MSDSs, and regulations.
- The ability to perform simple algebraic and geometry problems
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in public water supply treatment and distribution systems.
- Must possess the ability to organize, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees , other departments, as well as the general public.
- Ability to understand the treatment process, downstream impacts on changes to treatment , and the ranges that parameters must be in to ensure compliance.
- Must have valid state driver's license.
- WT-5 and WT-3 water operator's licenses from the State of Indiana Department of Environmental Management or ability to obtain licenses.
- DS-L and A-SO water operator's licenses from the State of Indiana Department of Environmental Management or ability to obtain licenses.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, and trained in confined space entry, knowledge of Risk Management Program.
How to Apply:
Resumes may be mailed to: Speedway Water Works, 1450 N Lynhurst Dr, Speedway, IN 46224 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Full Job Description