The Town of Speedway, Indiana is seeking a part-time Meter Reader for the Water Department.
Performs a variety of physical, skilled, technical, and maintenance work in the reading and maintain of the industrial, commercial, and residential meters throughout the town.
Works under the direct supervision of the Water Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent
The meter reader's primary mission is to ensure that accurate reads are obtained for each active account's meter and to report those reads to the utility billing manager each month by the due date.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- (B) Experience relating to: meter reading, maintenance and repair, computer usage.
- Any equivalent combination or education and experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to read and understand equipment operation and maintenance manuals, test methods, sampling instructions , MSDSs, and regulations.
- The ability to perform simple algebraic and geometry problems
- Must possess the ability to organize, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees , other departments, as well as the general public.
- Must have valid state driver's license.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, and knowledge of Risk Management Program.
How to Apply:
Resumes may be mailed to: Speedway Water Works, 1450 N Lynhurst Dr, Speedway, IN 46224 or emailed to email@example.com.
View Full Job Description