Position: Water Treatment Plant Laborer I
Reports To: Superintendent of Water Treatment
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Payrate: $14.61 - $21.92 per hour
Deadline: February 20, 2019.
1. Work independently and in teams to perform jobs, sometimes involving other crews, that may include outside contractors. Must entirely complete daily work orders with documentation.
2. Position requires individual to work Stand-by on a rotating basis and be called out any time after regularly work hours when necessary.
3. Perform manual labor consisting of: mowing, painting, cleaning, scraping, hauling, lifting, and other physically demanding activities based on assigned task. Must be physically fit.
4. Perform duties indoors and outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and environments.
5. Perform facility housekeeping (interior and exterior).
6. Operate a variety of equipment including forklift, tractor, well cleaning rig, in a safe and effective manner. Regularly check vehicles and equipment to ensure proper mechanical functioning.
7. WTP Laborer is required to work weeklong Stand-By-Operator shifts, which rotate each week based on the number of operators (i.e. 3 operators = 3-week shift rotations).
8. Works with dangerous pressures of water mains and chemicals in potentially dangerous situations.
9. Climbs in and out of excavations or confined spaces as part of the work environment.
10. Clean assigned areas which include sweeping and general maintenance of work areas, both interior and exterior.
See www.columbus.in.gov/careers for full job description, application and how to apply.