The Fort Wayne, Indiana office of Jones Petrie Rafinski is seeking an individual to perform construction inspection and quality assurance on public works and development projects related to drinking water infrastructure and utility improvements, wastewater infrastructure and utility improvements, storm water infrastructure and systems, and transportation infrastructure projects (street, roads, highways and bridges). Ensures compliance with applicable standards, codes, and project design and specifications.
- Observing and inspecting the contractors work daily, keeping a daily record of instructions and directions given to the
contractor regarding plan and specification interpretation and any required change orders
- Keeping a daily record of communications with Engineer, Owner, and members of the public
- Coordinating with independent testing labs for any materials testing required by project specifications
- Coordinating construction activities with residents, utility companies and other agencies while being abreast of public safety
- Verify quantities for payment on contractor’s monthly pay request
- Inspects materials before installation and observes installation methods for equipment and materials
- Inspects trench backfill, sub-grade and aggregate base course for grade, compaction, moisture, and preparation for paving.
- Conducts construction site inspections for compliance with site SWPPP
- Answers technical questions and provides information to public and other agencies.
- Participates in final inspections and acceptance of work
- Attends and participates in preconstruction meetings and attends/participates in all progress meetings
- Responds to questions from contractors on project specifications
- Assist owner and engineer in coordinating work with contractors and other agencies
- Assists with surveying and drafting work, project reviews and quantity takeoffs, and preparation of final record drawings
- Must be generally available and respond to emergency “call outs” on construction projects at any time of day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee
occasionally works in excavations and roadways and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. -- The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate to loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required.
Our reach is regional and in some cases international, depending on the assignment, with most of our practice located in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan. However, we regularly service projects on the east coast and south to Florida. Travel may be required for candidates on a limited basis.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Construction Background Ideal
- Prefer 2 years experience
- Engineering Degree a Plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Qualified Applicants should e-mail a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
View Full Job Posting