Title: Engineer Technician (Stormwater Coordinator)
Supervised By: City Engineer
Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
Under the direction of the City Engineer, responsible for….
Specific Duties of the Position:
• Manage the overall MS4 Program for the City, under the direction of the City Engineer
• Conduct inspections of MS4 owned and/or operated facilities, perform audits of the six minimum control measures required by the permit, review storm water quality management plans and storm water pollution prevention plans.
• Prepare stormwater technical reports, including inspections, audits, and enforcement referrals.
• Conduct stormwater educational programs to the general public, organizations, and the regulated community.
• Manage stormwater program activities and maintain tracking of compliance issues and permit milestones.
• Develop stormwater SOPs, technical resource documents, and other guidance.
• Submit stormwater reports to IDEM as required by permit, including annual reports
• Prepare and manage IDEM MS4 audit processes
• Review public and private proposed projects for compliance with Stormwater Management Ordinance, including regular inspections and reporting
• Prepare plans and bid documents for small stormwater/drainage projects
• Develop solutions for existing drainage issues throughout the City
• Coordinate and manage an in-house storm sewer maintenance program
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School degree or equivalent experience.
• Expertise in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite of products (preferred)
• Expertise in ESRI ArcMAP – creating and editing GIS data (preferred)
• Expertise in construction, construction standards, and stormwater best management practices
• CPESC or CESSWI or similar certification preferred.
• Applies established criteria to judge compliance with ordinances, permits, and state requirements.
• This position requires regular interaction with multiple city, county, and state agencies, developers, contractors, engineers, surveyors, and the public. Must maintain positive working relationships while firmly enforcing ordinances.
• Performs duties in office environment and in the field, involving sitting, walking, standing, and lifting/carrying objects weighing less than 50 pounds. Good communication skills are required.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person.